Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

2015 Draft

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

2015 Draft

Postby jabshot1 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:30 am

I know it's early but since it is going to be a deep draft I had a few thoughts. First I think we start now to pick up some extra picks even if they are lower.

First let's start with some forwards in our system that we should jettison now before they get hurt or we get nothing. Cliche, Cheek, Hishon, Walker, Agozzino, and Meurs. I think we can get some picks especially if we package them. There are a ton of free agent forwards we can go after. I will list them later.

Now let's look at D. Wilson, Elliott, Butcher, Beaupre and Linholm. Granted some are young still but we can do much better inviting guys to camp and picking up some free agent even at the minor and junior level. Between all these guys we can surely add a few picks. For example packaging Hishon/Beaupre should get you a 2nd. Also Elliott/Agozzino. There are many ways to package these guys and get some picks.

Here are some younger free agents to bolster the forward ranks. All are 30+ goal scorers or close. Barclay Goodrow, Michael Curtis, Louick Marcotte, Dyson Stevenson, Zack Mitchell, Jérome Verrier, Dakota Conroy these are just a few of the gems we should invite to camp. On D from WHL:Ashton Sautner, Dylan Bredo, Jagger Dirk, Ty Stanton, QMJHL:Randy Gazzola, Matt Murphy, Jérémie Fraser, Guillaume Gélinas, Dominic Poulin OHL:Michael Moffat, Brenden Miller, Steven Trojanovic. Some of these guys are much better than what we already have in the pipeline! There is no reason they cannot be invited to camp. We can quickly upgrade our depth and there is bound to be a star in this group.
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2015 Draft

Postby Domyos » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:00 pm

A few interesting trades already happened today.

Ottawa traded Lehner and Legwand to Buffalo for the 21st overall pick.

Boston is going in full rebuild, as they traded Hamilton to Calgary (for the 15th, the 45th and 52nd) and then Lucic to LA (for Jones, the 13th overall pick and prospect Miller).
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors