Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Kulikov to Avs

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Kulikov to Avs

Postby CAF1837 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:58 am

I don't do this often, but I'm really surprised there are no whispers out there, yet.
It sounds like the Avs are in the process of trading Ryan Wilson for Florida's Dmitri Kulikov.
Maybe other pieces involved, and may be wrapped up today.
CAF1837
Site Admin

Re: Kulikov to Avs

Postby clanfrazier » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Hey CAF! Interesting rumor! I have heard noting about this, but would welcome that trade. Might not be a huge upgrade...except in the health department...but I like Kulikov. Maybe we could get Tallon to upgrade for Gudbranson? Might also like to see us splitting Campbell's contract too...
clanfrazier

Postby CAF1837 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:40 am

Jeff Marek has picked up on it now via sportsnet - and Dater has posted that to the Denver Post now.
The deal is looks like it's straight up for Ryan Wilson and is only hinging on when Wilson is cleared to play.
Granted, if he takes a while to be cleared, that leaves more time for a deal to fall apart/topped by another team.
CAF1837
Site Admin

Postby sheese » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:01 am

I could get behind that trade... which means it's probably not likely to happen. Think about it from the other teams perspective. Would they really want to give up a #14 pick overall for Ryan Wilson? I know Kulikov has struggled, etc but Wilson has left a lot to be desired. He plays well... when he plays. We (as fans) are willing to give up on Wilson b/c he has brought so little to the team in the last year or two. So why would another team want to give up an asset for that?
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby americanario » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Maybe not?

Heard that @FriedgeHNIC said that a trade for Kulikov from Florida to Avs just fell apart

— Ryan Boulding (@rboulding) December 7, 2013
Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be PIRATES.
-Mark Twain-
americanario
Hall Of Famer

Postby CAF1837 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 am

Very interesting (and that's why the rumor game is such a dirty hobby).
Last I had heard, team doctors were traveling out to evaluate Wilson.
Then Hejda went down, as well...

I watched Panthers/Hawks last night and was very disappointed in Kulikov's play.
I understand why they are trying to move him, and I also understand why the value is plummeting.
CAF1837
Site Admin

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors