Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Trade Stastny, Jones, Downie & Zagnut

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Trade Stastny, Jones, Downie & Zagnut

Postby jabshot1 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 pm

There are several teams that would trade for Stastny and Jones. To a lesser degree Downie and Zagnut. PHL and BUF want these guys and I think we could get a nice #3 center and pick(s) or prospect(s). from PHL I would want Couturier and from BUF I would want Foligno. On either of these teams Stastny is a legitimate 1/2 center and the guys I want are #3 centerman but they give me a little more size and youth and center. Jones, Zags and Elliot would make a nice starting point to pursue Yandle. I know it may take a little more but Yandle would be worth it. PHX gets a top 6 forward, one of our top 3 D prospects, and roster D-man and whatever else they may ask within reason. Even if I have to give them Barrie instead of Elliot I would,
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Re: Trade Stastny, Jones, Downie & Zagnut

Postby clanfrazier » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:56 pm

That's funny, I just mentioned Yandle in your other thread without seeing this one. Yeah, Barrie if necessary considering Elliott and Siemens did pair together before and could be a good pairing here too. Would love to see Yandle in Colorado! I so hope we can find a way to get rid of Jones' horrible contract, but I don't think Phoenix bites. Fine with sending Stastny there instead if/when we draft MacKinnon. Stastny, Elliott/Barrie an 2014 2nd round? Might still not be enough, but I would do that.

Philly is in bad cap shape, even after their buyouts, so taking on Stastny's contract isn't likely (if they had to buy out Briere, whom they loved in Philly, why would they take on a more costly version of the same and give up a cheaper rising star in return?).

Still think Downie is fine staying, provided his injury has healed properly. If not, no one's going to want him anyway.
clanfrazier

Postby Domyos » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:24 am

If Roy told the truth, Stastny won't be traded and O'Reilly will play on the wing, and therefore the top-9 is pretty much settled.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Postby jabshot1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:38 pm

We shall see. Jones is gone and we have yet another center! Man I have to believe Stastny is history after this trade.
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Postby americanario » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:27 pm

jabshot1 wrote:We shall see. Jones is gone and we have yet another center! Man I have to believe Stastny is history after this trade.

Except Roy has been reported as stating he does not see Stastny being traded and he wants to try putting O'Reilly at wing.

The issue with Stastny will be IF he wants to continue playing in Denver after this season If Roy puts O'Reilly at wing, Mac is drafted and plays as 3rd line center (protected minutes), then Stastny will have to assume the defensive role (starting in the defensive end more than not) he played most of this last season, which he did fairly well. If Stastny is OK with playing this type of role, he'll likely stay with the organization, if not, he'll either be traded at the deadline or leave in free agency.
If O'Reilly at wing doesn't work, they may have to put Mac (again if drafted) at wing and one of those centers (Stastny or O'Reilly) will get diminished minutes.
Now and then we had the hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be PIRATES.
-Mark Twain-
americanario
Hall Of Famer

Postby Domyos » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:26 am

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 14m
Hal Gill (NSH), Johan Hedberg (NJ) and Greg Zanon (COL) also on unconditional waivers, presumably for buyout purposes.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors