Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

2013 Free Agents We Want

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

2013 Free Agents We Want

Postby jabshot1 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Well since we have new management it calls for new discussions. We have the perfect chance to "Get Bigger Upfront" as per P.R. so I say we go after Bickell and Horton. CHI and BOS will be hard pressed to sign these guys and they would fit perfect in Roy's plans. Put Bickell on Dutchie's LW and put Horton on Radars RW. That gives those lines great size, skill and tenacity! I would also like to get Rozsival if at a good price. To a lesser degree we can get Bobby Sanguinetti for a big young D-man to add to our depth. I really hope we trade Stastny, Jones, Downie and Zagnut.
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2013 Free Agents We Want

Postby clanfrazier » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Was waiting for jabshot to be back pre-draft! Good to see you!

I think they are going to be somewhat careful with UFA's considering there are big contracts coming (Duchene & Landeskog mostly, but O'Reilly is in that list too). That said, if they have a chance to pick up a Horton or a Bickell...by all means do it! Bickell's going to be at a premium though, fresh off a great playoff run. Horton may be the better option. Would love to see Stastny, Jones, Zanon on another team's roster with good assets (or even a bag of pucks for the latter two) in return, but I would be just fine keeping Downie. Would really love to see Stastny and our 2014 2nd (and maybe Elliott too) going to Phoenix for Yandle, or something similar to that.
clanfrazier

Postby jabshot1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Cheers to you Clan. Now that Jones is gone I like the trade. I might have to add Lecavalier to my short list of UFA's. That would make Stastny history for sure.
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Postby Domyos » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Horton won't re-sign with the Bruins:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 26m
Horton's agent Paul Krepelka: "Nathan has told BOS he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 28m
Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors