Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Martin Brodeur

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Martin Brodeur

Postby Domyos » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:14 am

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399513

I hope he'll re-sign with the Devils, I couldn't imagine him with another jersey
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Re: Martin Brodeur

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:14 pm

I can't imagine this being anything other than a tact by Marty to get more money out of the Devils.

IF he were to go anywhere else, I can only imagine it would be to a cup contender that is only missing a goalie, such as Chicago.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby AFFPR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:15 pm

This comes as a shocker to me. I dont understand it, from either the team or Martin Brodeurs standpoint. The NJ Devils got to the finals and he has been a staple for them for ages now and a very successful player with them too. So why would he want out? For the Devils, the guy only took them to the finals, I know he is old, but although he has shown that he has lost a step he was pretty darn good to take your team to the finals. I dont know exactly whats going on behind this story but from either standpoint it doesnt make sense to me. Each side should want each other IMO.
AFFPR

Postby Drury_Sakic » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:36 am

AFFPR wrote:This comes as a shocker to me. I dont understand it, from either the team or Martin Brodeurs standpoint. The NJ Devils got to the finals and he has been a staple for them for ages now and a very successful player with them too. So why would he want out? For the Devils, the guy only took them to the finals, I know he is old, but although he has shown that he has lost a step he was pretty darn good to take your team to the finals. I dont know exactly whats going on behind this story but from either standpoint it doesnt make sense to me. Each side should want each other IMO.

The only thing I can take from this is that the money/ownership situation in NJ is worse than it seems and that A) they simply cannot afford anyone and will be selling off what they can or B) they need to choose between paying Marty or paying Parise, and they are going to pay Parise.

Or..Marty is really just a greedy bastard and wants to bleed the Devils for every penny he can.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors