Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

NHL Draft 1st Round Thread (all rumors and draft stuff here)

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

NHL Draft 1st Round Thread (all rumors and draft stuff here)

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Try to put all trades, rumors, and 1st round draft stuff here.

Avs, for the moment at the least, don't have a pick in the 1st round, but that could change if you believe the Stastny rumors.

Few other rumors that are making the rounds.

Yotes have been shopping Yandle, which seems super stupid to do, but that is what is out there.

Islanders are reportedly hunting for a top shelf vet D man, which some have tied to Yandle.

Bobby Ryan is in play tonight, and possibly tonight only due to the Ducks wanting a 1st rounder in this years draft.

Philly is hot and heavy in the Nash sweepstakes, and the picks brought in via the Bob trade might have given them some extra ammo.

Luongo could go tonight, and the Leafs are very interest but wont give up their 1st this year or any top shelf prospects.

Ryan Kesler could be looking to get out of Vancover.

Staal rejected his first big offer from the Pens, Cains are holding all the cards due to Staal really wanting to join his brother.

Pens might consider trading Brooks Orpik.

Tim Thomas has waived his no trade clause, though no word on what team is interested.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Re: NHL Draft 1st Round Thread (all rumors and draft stuff h

Postby clanfrazier » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm

One of my favorite days of the hockey year...even though we don't have any picks today :( .

LOTS of rumors floating out there. Most of what DS already said, plus a few more with Chicago (Kane, Hjalmarsson) and the ever-present Parise. Nash for Kane floated around the rumor mills, but I doubt Chicago would do that in-division.

Weird with Thomas, but nothing else being said other than his NT. If he's not playing, he's not playing...and therefore will have little trade value.

Hope it gets interesting...
clanfrazier

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:37 pm

From what I am seeing, the Thomas deal could simply revolve around the Bruins trading him to a low cap team and that team suspending him while still having his cap hit. Since he is suspended, the team won't have to pay him but they get to keep the cap hit, thus being a cheap way to stay above the floor.

That said, I also think Thomas is look at it from the point of view that only good things could come for him from a trade, as there is a chance he might end up with a true contender or somewhere he actually wants to play...though in the end I suspect he sits out at least part of this season.
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 pm

So, we do the trade with NJ to send Guigere, Kobasew and our 41st pick tonight for Parise's rights and Hedberg (actually floated out there), then trade Hedberg and something else smallish to Boston for Thomas and he can be our backup. His family already lives here and he wouldn't have to be the full time starter...and we have a solid goalie tandem. It's all win-win in my head... :)
clanfrazier

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Not that I suspect you are serious in any way...but..

Avs do not need the headache that is Thomas. You can't get much futher apart than Giggy and Thomas as far as mental capacity and lockeroom likeability. I think that odds are strong that Giggy stays on as the Avs goaltending coach full time after he retires. Thomas is also probably only willing to go somewhere that he is promised the starting role...as at least part of the reason why he is leaving Boston is the competition with Rask....though if internet rumors are to be believed, Thomas has lost the love of his teammates for some of his off-ice issues and ego.

That said, I would not mind seeing the Avs use the 2nd to get the rights to either Suter or Parise. In a perfect world, they would give a 4th or 5th with the 2nd being a bonus if they sign one of the guys. IMO thats the only way they are able to land one of the big guys. I don't think either guy is really on the table yet, as both the Devils and Preds are probably going to hold on until the last minute.....but you never know.

One move that I fully expect tonight or tomorrow is for the Avs to trade Mueller's rights for a lower pick or to move up a few spots tomorrow. Best case, maybe the Avs can bundle the 2nd with Mueller to move into the late first round. I could see the Kings, Rangers, or possibly the Panthers take that risk to add a cheap offensive threat and move out of their bottom 20 pick spots and back into the 2nd round.
Drury_Sakic

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Visnovsky to the Islanders for a 2nd rounder.

Could possibly put the Ducks off on trading Ryan, as they trim some salary here.
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Drury_Sakic wrote:Not that I suspect you are serious in any way...but..

Right on there. As I believe you are also with Mueller's rights. Wouldn't mind keeping him, but I also wouldn't mind a healthier, better substitute for him either...

Visnovsky to NYI is big.

Ribeiro to Capitals for 2nd round, 54th overall pick, and a player.
clanfrazier

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Staal, as expected, was traded to the Cains for the 8th pick, Sutter, and a prospect.
Drury_Sakic

Postby Drury_Sakic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:19 pm

The Staal trade probably also puts the Pens on the top of the Parise sweepstakes and there is speculation that the Pens might try to acquire Parise's rights tonight or tomorrow.

Parise-Crosby/Malkin-Neal

Scary...
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Will be interesting to watch for sure.

Love these draft tidbits thrown out by TSN and such...like with the 18th pick in 2006, the Av's selected Chris Stewart...at 22 the same year? Claude Giroux. Sweet. :twisted: The next pick at 23? Varlamov by the Caps.
clanfrazier

Postby AFFPR » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Huge activity surrounding my fantasy keepers. Gonna be hard to choose now with JStaal upgrade to Car. Could mean I choose JStaal over Eriksson as I believe JStaal has more upside and Eriksson wont break the 80pt mark. Also Stars trading Ribeiro is not gonna help the Stars overall.

Visnovsky to NYI could be big with Streit and him on the PP. I was thinking of keeping Wisniewsky but this may change things again.

EStaal and JStaal duo would be pretty cool. Rumors have them playing on the top line together JStaal as C and EStaal as winger.
AFFPR

Postby Drury_Sakic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 am

Just think, if the Avs had not traded for Varlamov, they MIGHT have had the 11th pick to go get Forsberg Part II. (though without Varly, the Avs may also have been in the Nail sweepstakes)
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:25 am

Yeah, kinda cruelly ironic, huh? The kid was pretty highly touted too, although never mentioned in any way in regards to the original Forsberg, but we all know that most sequels aren't quite as good as the original anyway...right?

As for the Canes/Pens trade...Canes are now just one Staal from completing the set. Youngest brother is in their minors already. Losing Sutter will hurt, but they gained a lot more overall.
clanfrazier

Postby Domyos » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 am

Apparently Keith Yandle is on the move.

Would be a perfect fit for the Avs, but the price would probably be too high
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Postby Drury_Sakic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:11 am

Domyos wrote:Apparently Keith Yandle is on the move.

Would be a perfect fit for the Avs, but the price would probably be too high

Yeah, and I would be shocked if the Yotes traded him within conference. One thing worth noting though is that the Avs and Yotes have had a history of trading together. He would also be the perfect lefty to play with Johnson.

Doubt the Avs have the right kind of package to get him, but you never know. Would be totally willing to risk 1st 2013(top 5 protected with option to push to 2014, something that EVERY first traded should have until the team becomes a regular winner Sherman! ), Elliott/Barrie, and Hishon for him....but if the asking price was one of the young forwards or included Downie or McGinn I would say no. Trade for Yandle and then sign Parise :wink:
Drury_Sakic

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors