Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Off-Season

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Off-Season

Postby krich77 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Anyone heard any rumors about re-signs, other FAs, or any trades?
krich77
Grinder

Re: Off-Season

Postby AFFPR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:15 am

Not at all :(

By the way, are you interested in joining a fantasy hockey league?
AFFPR

Postby krich77 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:18 am

damn okay.

yeah i would do that
krich77
Grinder

Postby Domyos » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 am

Washington traded Vokoun's rights to Pittsburgh for a 7th round pick (2012).

The Pittsburgh signed him to a 2 year, 4 million contract.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Postby AFFPR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm

I dont understand that move for Pitt.. I know their backup sucked, but they have MA Fleury.. Dont really need another #1. They did however grab him at a hell of a price for a 7th.
AFFPR

Postby AFFPR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:02 pm

krich77 wrote:damn okay.

yeah i would do that

Awesome.. Please reply to our New GM's thread on the Fantasy Hockey thread and let us know: Are you willing to be an active fantasy GM? have you been in fantasy hockey before? Tell us about yourself.
AFFPR

Postby sheese » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:40 am

Yeah, that was a weird signing for Pitt. But I think Vokoun wanted to win a cup (hence the cheap deals w/ Washington & now Pitt). So I guess it's a great deal for Pitt to get a #1 goalie as a back up and at the price of a back up. Of course if Vokoun plays like he did this year...
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby RAMPAGE » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Pretty sure they want to ensure that Fleury is well-rested for the playoffs. They must think the reason he was such a sieve was due to fatigue.
RAMPAGE
2nd-Liner

Postby Drury_Sakic » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 am

RAMPAGE wrote:Pretty sure they want to ensure that Fleury is well-rested for the playoffs. They must think the reason he was such a sieve was due to fatigue.

^

I actually think it was a great signing by the Pens. They probably were not going to spend the money anywhere else on the roster and if they can get 10-15 games less during the regular season for Fluery it is worth it. It also gives them a backup who can start full time if Fluery were to get hurt. Fluery's game dropped off a TON during the final weeks of the season and during the playoffs. He clearly was tired and beat down from the long season and massive workload.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby AFFPR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Drury_Sakic wrote:
RAMPAGE wrote:Pretty sure they want to ensure that Fleury is well-rested for the playoffs. They must think the reason he was such a sieve was due to fatigue.

^

I actually think it was a great signing by the Pens. They probably were not going to spend the money anywhere else on the roster and if they can get 10-15 games less during the regular season for Fluery it is worth it. It also gives them a backup who can start full time if Fluery were to get hurt. Fluery's game dropped off a TON during the final weeks of the season and during the playoffs. He clearly was tired and beat down from the long season and massive workload.

True, make sense. Perhaps if they had a good backup last year they would have gone all the way. I had them winning the cup.
AFFPR

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors