Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Trade Deadline Discussion.

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Trade Deadline Discussion.

Postby AFFPR » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 am

Hey guys. I noticed the other trade deadline thread looks very nice and organized with all the trades.. Perhaps we can use this other tread to discuss the trades per se and leave the other one for organizing the trades without any discussion clutter.
AFFPR

Re: Trade Deadline Discussion.

Postby AFFPR » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:24 am

I think the Zidlicky trade was a bit of an over-payment by NJ. Especially considering Zidlicky wanted out and was publicly known he wanted out. Would have given Foster + 2nd at most. Either way, fantasy wise, I hope this turns the season around for my Zidlicky.

Hemsky resigning was also an over-payment in my books. 2 years for 10 million seems too much for such an injury prone player. Granted he probably wouldnt have signed for less, knowing he probably would get those 5 million from some other team come free agency.. So I understand why the $5 mil was the final number, but, perhaps the Oilers should have just let him go and stick with Hall Eberle RNH who look absolutely amazing going forward. Fantasy wise, I am a little bummed, I was hoping Hemsky would get dealt somewhere else and it would ignite his game. He has not been performing too well this year with the Oilers, dont know why he would now.

Carter for Johnson... Looks like a good trade for both clubs.. However, I think the CBJ's need forwards badly, especially after letting Voracek go last year, and with the possibility of Nash being dealt away. Whos going to score for them up front? They now get two solid defensemen to run the PP in Wiesniewski and Johnson which should solidify the PP. Although, Nikitin was also playing well for them on the PP so now Nikitin definitively gets the short end of the stick having to play behind these two. Carter in LA looks great. They absolutely look stacked up front with Brown, Carter, Richards, JWilliams, Kopitar, Penner and Gagne (if he comes back from concussion). Could they possibly be too stacked up front? That line up almost sounds like an all star team; we all know what happened when we created our own all star team with Selanne and Kariya. Some have been saying they have created a big hole on the back end by trading away Johnson though since they wont have both Johnson and Doughty to feed them the puck going up ice.. Perhaps they will trade one of those forwards for another puck moving dman, perhaps bringing back Visnovsky? He scored 67 pts for them in the past. I guess we will have to see about this one, but that forward corps from LA looks even more sicker than they used to already.
AFFPR

Postby Domyos » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 am

I don't think the NJ-Minnesota trade was an overpayment, because was basically Zidicly for Foster and 2nd (Palmieri and Veilleux are fringe NHL players).

Carter didn't fit in Columbus and never wanted to be there, so trading him was the right decision.
Johnson is a nice addition, but now Columbus is offensively flat, with Nash being the only goal scorer left on the team (and likely to be dealt tomorrow).
In addition to that, their goalie situation is awful, Mason is probably the worst starter in the NHL right now (maybe behind Roloson).

Wolski to Florida is clearly a salary dump for NYR, they'll try to get Nash for sure.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Postby jabshot1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:46 pm

There is a rumor that PHL wants Giggy and will give up JVR and Bobrovsky. WOuld you take it?
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Postby Domyos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 am

jabshot1 wrote:There is a rumor that PHL wants Giggy and will give up JVR and Bobrovsky. WOuld you take it?

I'll do it, but I doubt Philadelphia would
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Postby sheese » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

jabshot1 wrote:There is a rumor that PHL wants Giggy and will give up JVR and Bobrovsky. WOuld you take it?

That would be a no brainer for the Avs if Philly was dumb enough to do it. But I have to give their GM a little credit and assume this is not even close to likely.
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby AFFPR » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm

sheese wrote:

That would be a no brainer for the Avs if Philly was dumb enough to do it. But I have to give their GM a little credit and assume this is not even close to likely.

That would be a steal.. I would do it in a heartbeat. But as you say, doubt the Flyers are that dumb although they should certainly be desperate so who knows?
AFFPR

Postby Domyos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 pm

I like the Colorado-San Jose trade.

McGinn is better than Galiardi, and Sgarbossa is a very good prospect.
Winnik is a good player, but according to some rumors he wasn't going to re-sign with the Avs, and that made him tradable.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors