Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Pursuing A Cup

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Pursuing A Cup

Postby jabshot1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:27 am

There are a couple of moves the AVS should go for in order to accelerate our improvement.

1) First NAS probably won't be able to sign Weber and Suter after the Rinne signing. They can get Suter cheaper so they will be open to trade Weber. I would give them Hejda/Barrie/Porter or Gali and thereby giving us the best D we have ever had.

2) Next I go after Malone, Staal, Lucic or Bourque to skate with Dutchie. Depending on who is left I give up Porter or Gali plus Lindstrom/Kobasew/Chouinard and Hishon if need be. I think Stall would be the easiest than Malone because of future Cap issues. I like Stall because he can play wing or center.

This would really put us in a good place! We would be set a D for a long time. Of course we should pick up several free agents from the minors to bolster our depth. Unfortunately Sherman svcks at that. Bring Roy in as GM and Joey as coach or visa versa.
jabshot1
Hall Of Famer

Re: Pursuing A Cup

Postby Nelly » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:06 pm

The Preds GM has publicly been given the financial green light to sign both Weber and Suter, so they will sign both. They've had plenty of success in the past by being a defensive team and relying almost solely on the defense and goalies to win games. If you want to grab any Preds player, go for Anders Lindback, with the signing of Rinne long term makes him expendable, and they way he played last year when Rinne was injured, makes him a great option if any team can't get Bernier, Schneider, or Harding.

The one player almost every team should be going after is Rick Nash. He may be shopped pretty soon, depending on what CBJ's management says. Apparently they lost a ton of money last year, $25M last year alone, $80M the last 6 years. If they can trade Nash for a plethora of young guys/draft picks I think CBJ would be willing to do it, to save themselves money and officially begin rebuilding, because this rebuild failed miserably.

Another guy to go after is Zach Parise. If they don't announce a new contract for him on December 1st or January 1st (which ever day they are allowed to), I'm almost positive that one won't be made period. Then he will be the biggest fish on the market this summer and how tempting would it be for him to play with his buddy Stastny from the Olympics. I bet they would rekindle their chemistry very fast.
Nelly
Grinder

Postby avsrock » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:05 am

Nelly wrote:The Preds GM has publicly been given the financial green light to sign both Weber and Suter, so they will sign both. They've had plenty of success in the past by being a defensive team and relying almost solely on the defense and goalies to win games. If you want to grab any Preds player, go for Anders Lindback, with the signing of Rinne long term makes him expendable, and they way he played last year when Rinne was injured, makes him a great option if any team can't get Bernier, Schneider, or Harding.

The one player almost every team should be going after is Rick Nash. He may be shopped pretty soon, depending on what CBJ's management says. Apparently they lost a ton of money last year, $25M last year alone, $80M the last 6 years. If they can trade Nash for a plethora of young guys/draft picks I think CBJ would be willing to do it, to save themselves money and officially begin rebuilding, because this rebuild failed miserably.

Another guy to go after is Zach Parise. If they don't announce a new contract for him on December 1st or January 1st (which ever day they are allowed to), I'm almost positive that one won't be made period. Then he will be the biggest fish on the market this summer and how tempting would it be for him to play with his buddy Stastny from the Olympics. I bet they would rekindle their chemistry very fast.

Nelly and I have actually spoken to Parise about signing with the Avs next year (true story).
avsrock
Hall Of Famer

Postby clanfrazier » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:40 am

That's awesome, but give us more detail man! Was he open to it if it were a possibility? Parise would be a great addition, especially given the short term status of Hejduk.
clanfrazier

Postby RAMPAGE » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:02 pm

In light of this news, just want to announce that Zach Parise the fantasy player is available for trade. That is all ;)
RAMPAGE
2nd-Liner

Postby sheese » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm

avsrock wrote:

Nelly and I have actually spoken to Parise about signing with the Avs next year (true story).

I think it's a rule on the boards that you can't say something like that without submitting a 5 page essay on the exact details. I'll be waiting for my copy :lol:
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby AFFPR » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:43 pm

sheese wrote:
avsrock wrote:

I think it's a rule on the boards that you can't say something like that without submitting a 5 page essay on the exact details. I'll be waiting for my copy :lol:

lol yep... please tell us more.
AFFPR

Postby avsrock » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Parise actually skates at the rink Nelly and I work at during the summer with 10-15 other NHL guys. The day we met him Zach was wearing a Wild practice jersey (nauseating I know, but it was just a dark jersey in a light vs dark scrimmage). After the ice time I asked him about free agency next year and told him that if he sees "Greg Sherman" on the caller ID to answer it immediately. So if Zach Parise signs with Colorado this summer, let it be known...I get all the credit.

avsrock
Hall Of Famer

Postby Nelly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Also notice the Thrashers shirt he is wearing, he turned it inside out before the picture. I also have a picture with him, basically the same thing, but me on his left side. I also got his autograph on a 2011 Draft hat (haven't worn it since, it's basically a shrine in my room). And yes avsrock does get all the credit, I said he looked great in that Wild practice jersey.
Nelly
Grinder

Postby sheese » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Nelly wrote:Also notice the Thrashers shirt he is wearing, he turned it inside out before the picture. I also have a picture with him, basically the same thing, but me on his left side. I also got his autograph on a 2011 Draft hat (haven't worn it since, it's basically a shrine in my room). And yes avsrock does get all the credit, I said he looked great in that Wild practice jersey.

So if he signs with the Wild then we get to blame you? Lol

Great story! Now you just have to figure out how to hack into the rink's PA system and play (at an almost inaudible level) a recording saying "Zach Parise: You WANT to sign with the Avs" over and over and over during their scrimmages. :lol:
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby avsrock » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:45 pm

sheese wrote:
Nelly wrote:Also notice the Thrashers shirt he is wearing, he turned it inside out before the picture. I also have a picture with him, basically the same thing, but me on his left side. I also got his autograph on a 2011 Draft hat (haven't worn it since, it's basically a shrine in my room). And yes avsrock does get all the credit, I said he looked great in that Wild practice jersey.

Great story! Now you just have to figure out how to hack into the rink's PA system and play (at an almost inaudible level) a recording saying "Zach Parise: You WANT to sign with the Avs" over and over and over during their scrimmages. :lol:

Like I said we both work at the rink so we both have access to the PA system...There are a couple of guys who skate here that I would like to subliminally influence into signing in Denver...
avsrock
Hall Of Famer

Postby Nelly » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 pm

avsrock wrote:
sheese wrote:

Like I said we both work at the rink so we both have access to the PA system...There are a couple of guys who skate here that I would like to subliminally influence into signing in Denver...

Yes you can blame me if he becomes a member of the Wild, I can handle a few people hating me, but the entire state of hockey would love me.

Hell I bet the goalies that were there would be just as well as the Avs goalies, with the way they are playing right now. But most of the players that were there, I would want to play on either the Avs or Wild.
Nelly
Grinder

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors