Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Boston looking to deal, Lucic is on the market?

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Boston looking to deal, Lucic is on the market?

Postby Drury_Sakic » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Well, Lucic would seem to fit the bill for exactly what the Avs need... a big, strong, LW(who can play RW) with experience and youth, and a ring. Biggest problem from the Avs prospective is that they likely don't have what the Bruins want, an NHL ready player. That said, it might be worth overpaying in prospects to see if something could be done.

Avs Get:
Lucic

Bruins Get:
Hishon
Gaunce
Galiardi
Avs 2nd Round Pick 2012 (The Caps get to pick from the Leafs(Bruins) 2012 2nd or the Avs 2013 2nd)

It would allow the Avs to continue to run 3 scoring lines... and give Duchene someone to play with.

Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Lucic-Duchene-Lindstrom
Landeskog-O'Reilly-Winnik
McLeod-McClemment-Kobasew
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Re: Boston looking to deal, Lucic is on the market?

Postby Domyos » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:47 am

Hartnell is rumored to be on the market as well.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Postby sheese » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 am

Does Lucic really have that much skill? I've always seen him as a bit of a fringe 2nd liner who can get a little hot on occasion, something like a better version of McLeod.
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby Drury_Sakic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

sheese wrote:Does Lucic really have that much skill? I've always seen him as a bit of a fringe 2nd liner who can get a little hot on occasion, something like a better version of McLeod.

He is still a bit of an unknown long term. Couple of "meh" seasons and then last year had a top shelf season... but at age 23, how many big forwards have a ton of 30 goal seasons in front of him.

I honestly think he is a combo of Brunette and Stewart in terms of his game, he has the body and ability to play the Stewart power forward game and does at times, but is more of a passive but still dangerous player like Brunette. So, I see him being more reliable night and night out than Stewart was, but also less streaky ability to dominate a single game.

Can he carry a line, probably not. Nothing he has shown so far indicates that, but if he was playing with Stastny or Duchene, that would not be his job. His job would be to help cycle the puck down low and set up in front of the net to burry the passes from the centers or chip home the rebounds. The Avs have a ton of run and gun players, they could use the guy who simply can cause a bit of chaos once they get into the zone.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby AFFPR » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Lucic would be a great addition to our team.. But I have my doubts about Boston wanting to get rid of him.
AFFPR

Postby sheese » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Drury_Sakic wrote:
sheese wrote:Does Lucic really have that much skill? I've always seen him as a bit of a fringe 2nd liner who can get a little hot on occasion, something like a better version of McLeod.

He is still a bit of an unknown long term. Couple of "meh" seasons and then last year had a top shelf season... but at age 23, how many big forwards have a ton of 30 goal seasons in front of him.

I honestly think he is a combo of Brunette and Stewart in terms of his game, he has the body and ability to play the Stewart power forward game and does at times, but is more of a passive but still dangerous player like Brunette. So, I see him being more reliable night and night out than Stewart was, but also less streaky ability to dominate a single game.

Can he carry a line, probably not. Nothing he has shown so far indicates that, but if he was playing with Stastny or Duchene, that would not be his job. His job would be to help cycle the puck down low and set up in front of the net to burry the passes from the centers or chip home the rebounds. The Avs have a ton of run and gun players, they could use the guy who simply can cause a bit of chaos once they get into the zone.

If your description is accurate then I'm all on board to get him. We could really use a guy like that on our top 2. But then again, isn't that what Landeskog is supposed to be in the not too distant future?
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors