Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Something up with Sabres/Av's?

Covers Trades, Trade Proposals, Trade Rumors and Free-Agency!

Something up with Sabres/Av's?

Postby clanfrazier » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes, from Eklund with obvious disclaimers, but found this interesting...

I also believe the Sabres Myers deal will get announced tomorrow, but the Sabres also are apparently talking to Colorado about a deal...a trade Reghier may want to make before publicly committing to all that money for Myers...
clanfrazier

Re: Something up with Sabres/Av's?

Postby Drury_Sakic » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:34 am

I could see the Avs taking one of the Sabers contracts. The Sabers are just at or even above the cap by a bit atm. Cap geek actually has them as 3.5 OVER the cap, though I think most teams can play shell games with contracts to deal with that type of number.

I would be thrilled if the Avs could make a deal to get Drew Stafford....perhaps giving up Hishon, Stoa, and Cumiskey/Wilson/Hunwick going the other way. More likely than not I would guess that any deal would be for someone like Brad Boyes for Hunwick/Wilson/Cumsikey... as that type of deal would clear the sabers needed cap space and only give the Avs a one year commit.

Hell, if you want to go to logic and some other rumblings....

Avs:
Suter
Boyes

Nashville:
Stastny

Buffalo:
Stoa
Huwnick

Not saying it would be a "3 team deal", but rather two deals the Avs worked out.... giving the Avs a potential top 6 replacement forward for Stastny, adding another elite D man, and moving out some spare parts. Obviously, there would probably be some picks or other lesser prospects involved one way or another, but from a core perspective, its logical.

But yeah, realistically, I could see a Boyes for Avs extra D man and a lesser prospect.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby Drury_Sakic » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:19 am

Well, Myers signed a 7 year, 5.5 per deal today.

At the very least, this helps set the market value for Johnson IMO.... as Myers has perhaps had a bit bigger of a break out, but Johnson has the experience to counter that a bit.

The Tavares deal also set Duchene's value at 5.5 as well.

If both Johnson and Duchene can get locked into 5-6 year deals at 5.5, that would be a major win.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am

Absolutely!
clanfrazier

Postby AFFPR » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:51 pm

It all depends on Johnson's performance this year. If he continues not to show his potential they better not give him anything close to 5.5...

Duchene on the other hand... Will deserve that.
AFFPR

Return to Trades, Transactions, Free-Agency, and Rumors