Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Denver in January..

Talk about anything NON-Hockey related here. From Sports to Politics, it's all fair game here!

Denver in January..

Postby AFFPR » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 pm

So I may be going to Denver in January.. I probably will fly in January 1st.. I noticed the Avs are playing January 2nd (sunday) at 8pm EST.. I also noticed the Broncos are playing their last game of the season against the Rams at 4:15pm EST that same sunday.. I would love to be able to make both games.. Do you guys think this is feasible? By what time do you guys think the Broncos game should be done? This would make for an amazing sports sunday for me :D I would be in heaven.. But I would not like to miss any of the Avs game because of the Broncos game.. Thoughts? :D
AFFPR

Postby clanfrazier » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:14 pm

AFFPR, that is totally 100% doable. Both sit on the same track for light rail and it is literally one or two stops away. The Bronco game will end somewhere around 7:15 EST, and you just jump on the light rail, catch the next stop or so and you are at Pepsi Center by 7:45 EST at the latest (IF light rail that direction is crowded - it is opposite from the crowds leaving anyway - and you miss the first train). Probably still time for a pre-game beer at Brooklyn's too. Hell, you could even walk there in time, depending on the cold (could be 5 or 55 degrees, but that's still frigid for your warm PR blood :lol: I would still do light rail).

It would be fun to get a group together for the Av's game. I assume Zach will be involved too. Thoughts?
clanfrazier

Postby AFFPR » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:45 am

I bet Zach will be involved.. Not sure if he is up for the Broncos game.. But in any case, YES lets get a group up for that game! Of course, lets not make anything official until I am fully 100% I will go to Denver or not.. :)

But I am soooo pumped that I could possibly watch those two games live one after the other. :O
AFFPR

Postby sheese » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:53 pm

You make me jealous. I haven't been back to Denver since I moved 3 1/2 years ago. I'd love to make it back and see a game, do some skiing, etc.
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby cl525 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Sheese,

I agree. Can't read this thread without getting jealous. I'd die to see an Avalanche game in Denver!

I'm finally getting to see the Packers play a game in Seattle this year...but I'd WAY rather see the Braves play (anywhere!!) or the Avalanche play in Denver!
cl525

Postby AFFPR » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:27 pm

cl525 .. dont be jealous!!! You live in Vancouver.. you get to see the Avs play multiple times a year :P

I think ill likely go to at least the 3 weekend games the Avs have during the month of january... week days Ill have to see about that. Ill be a month in Denver if I go.. if anyone knows of someone trying to rent an apt near Aurora (the University of Colorado School of Medicine Campus), let me know!
AFFPR

Postby AFFPR » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Well.. It seems like my trip to Denver might not work out.. I got accepted into another program for the same dates, in Tampa.. Its a big easier on the wallet to go to Tampa than Colorado.. And I will need to save as much as I can here and there because it will be a heavy year of traveling from interview to interview for residency programs. We shall see once I make my final decision. Its going to be hard to say no to my Avs haha, it was going to be fun......but the baby is here, and priorities change :P I guess I can watch Tampa Bay games.. :\
AFFPR

Return to Beyond Hockey