Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Tiger Woods involved in serious car accident. . .

Talk about anything NON-Hockey related here. From Sports to Politics, it's all fair game here!

Tiger Woods involved in serious car accident. . .

Postby cl525 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Per TSN...

Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early Friday when his car struck a tree near his mansion in a gated waterfront community, authorities said.

The Florida Highway Patrol said the 33-year-old golf star hit the hydrant and a tree after pulling out of his driveway in his 2009 Cadillac sports utility vehicle.

The patrol reported his injuries as serious, and that he was taken to Health Central Hospital.

His condition was not immediately known, but Windermere mayor Gary Bruhn told CNN on Friday afternoon that Woods had been released from hospital after being treated for facial lacerations.

A supervisor in the emergency room said Friday afternoon that Woods was not a patient there.

The report said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation.

No one else was in the car, patrol spokeswoman Kim Montes said.

Woods, who has won 82 times around the world and 14 majors, returned to his US$2.4-million home in the exclusive Isleworth subdivision near Orlando earlier this week after attending the Stanford-Cal football game, where he tossed the coin at the start of the game and was inducted into Stanford's sports Hall of Fame at halftime.

He had travelled to China and Australia earlier in the month, winning the Australian Masters on Nov. 15.

Woods was to host his tournament, the Chevron World Challenge, on Monday at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

He won six times this year after missing eight months recovering from reconstructive surgery on his left knee. Even though he failed to win a major, Woods said he considered this a successful year because he did not know how his knee would respond.
cl525

Postby cl525 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:20 pm

hmmm. sounds like TSN was a bit extreme. From what I read, he has a few facial lacertaions and is fine. Wasn't quite as serious as previously reported.
cl525

Postby cl525 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Have you guys had enough of the Tiger Woods news tabloids yet?????

Cause I'm sick of it.
cl525

Postby clanfrazier » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 pm

No way man, I can't get enough. I'm like a moth drawn to the flame that is this Tiger Woods scandal. A man dying of thirst for more info about all of this...and US, People, ET and the like are all fountains of pure tabloid nectar to just drink in and enjoy.

Will his wife leave him? Who else did he sleep with? Who did he NOT sleep with? Is Trojan his next big endorsement contract (Drive THIS to the hole!)? What would his father have said? Is Tiger really human? Is Elin for that matter? Maybe Tiger is a vampire who can really live in the daylight...or a werewolf (with a deceptive name like Tiger to...you know...throw the Van Helsings of the world off track)? Will other golfers try to help, or just enjoy being able to win tournaments for a while before he gets back on track?

So many questions...

And yes, cl, that is complete sarcasm...can't get rid of all this Tiger crap fast enough.
clanfrazier

Postby AFFPR » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:31 am

lol. great post CF..

I too am sick of it.. But, it will continue.. Ppl are like that, they thirst for this kind of stuff and are not happy until that said person is completely destroyed. sigh.. If only people would have some empathy and put themselves in his shoes.. If they did anything wrong and they had everyone looking down on them every day.
AFFPR

Postby cl525 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:04 pm

I wonder if I went to the news and said that I slept with Tiger Woods....would I be all over the news?

Hmmmm.....
cl525

Postby AFFPR » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:12 pm

I mean what he did was horrible too.. But that kind of stuff happens every day to regular people and nothing is said. People just like to crush stars. I never buy them gossip magazines because of it. I think its incredibly rude. But I can see why the guys that do this for a business because I can imagine they make a killing.
AFFPR

Return to Beyond Hockey