Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Rich Peverley retires

Discuss opposing teams and players here. Also keep up to date with the latest NHL business news and NHLPA info!

Rich Peverley retires

Postby cl525 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Forward Rich Peverley announced his retirement Friday and joined the Dallas Stars' front office as player development coordinator.

"We want to congratulate Rich and his family on his great playing career and look forward to the contributions he'll make in his new role," Stars general manager Jim Nill said.

Peverley had spent the past year attempting to make a comeback after he collapsed on the bench during a game between the Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets on March 10, 2014. He was diagnosed with and had surgery for an irregular heartbeat during the 2013-14 preseason and had a second procedure nine days after he collapsed. The procedure, a cardiac ablation, fixed structural damage in his heart to correct problems with rhythm (arrhythmia).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7782 ... l:topheads
cl525

Re: Rich Peverley retires

Postby cl525 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:45 pm

With how serious those situations can be, I'm certainly happy to see Rich be able to pull the plug. It must be hard to decide between hockey and health however what's the point of living a dream if it kills you, I suppose.

Hopefully he's been able to put enough money aside to carry on a long and healthy life; with or without hockey.
cl525

Postby AFFPR » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 am

Sad to see this happened to him. Very underrated player. I enjoyed having him on some of my fantasy teams throughout the years. Best wishes to him and his future endeavors.
AFFPR

Postby cl525 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Health comes first; our own Steve Konowalchuk retired immediately after finding out he had a heart issue.

There is life after hockey...
cl525

Return to NHL Hockey Talk