Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Bryce Salvador retires...

Discuss opposing teams and players here. Also keep up to date with the latest NHL business news and NHLPA info!

Bryce Salvador retires...

Postby cl525 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Defenseman Bryce Salvador, who played 13 seasons in the NHL, announced his retirement Wednesday.

Salvador missed the final 67 games of last season with the New Jersey Devils with a bulging disk and nerve damage in his lower back. He became an unrestricted free agent July 1.

"I just think there were a lot of factors over the last two seasons," the 39-year-old told Northjersey.com. "I could just see that the body wasn't responding as it used to and it was just getting more and more difficult to stay healthy. And the position that I was in, being the captain, this last season it was really tough to be the team leader and not be present. So I just kind of realized that even though I can play, I feel I can play and come back, I just didn't know if I'd be able to make it a full season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=777987
cl525

Re: Bryce Salvador retires...

Postby cl525 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:38 pm

Although he retired without winning a Stanley Cup, Bryce was one of those guys that was always just...there.

Did what he needed to do and didn't get involved with the spot light. A player who you could count on to do what he was supposed to do.

14 years in this league is a great thing...happy retirement Bryce!
cl525

Return to NHL Hockey Talk