Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Torres suspended 25 games

Discuss opposing teams and players here. Also keep up to date with the latest NHL business news and NHLPA info!

Torres suspended 25 games

Postby Domyos » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:53 am

For his hit on Hossa.

Maybe it's too much, but Torres is a dirty player and he needs to learn the lesson once and for all
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Re: Torres suspended 25 games

Postby clanfrazier » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:25 am

Pretty clear cut. Left his feet to go for the head well after the puck was gone. While I'm sure he didn't INTEND to have him go off on a stretcher, he clearly intended to give him a good smack in the head from a position of huge leverage. After all the concussions that have been reported this year, I am happy to see someone get more than a hand slap for a clearly dangerous action.
clanfrazier

Postby sheese » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

The sad thing is that things like this always remind me of the great injustice of the Bertuzzi suspension. Thankfully the Hockey Gods were more just; "LONG LIVE THE BERTUZZI CURSE!!!"

Anyway, Torres deserved the suspension and is lucky it's not more. He's crossed the line routinely and has put other players safety at risk. Guys like that don't deserve to be in the game at all.
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Postby AFFPR » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:31 pm

I think this is the kind of suspension that should be handed to players that show clear intent to injure. And Torres is just that kind of player.. I have been praying for the NHL to finally start laying down the hammer on suspensions.. They did here, but they go ahead and blow it when they dont suspend Weber for taking Zetterberg's head and slamming it against the boards.. If that wasnt a clear intent to injure and a clear head shot, I dont know what is.
AFFPR

Postby sheese » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 am

As much as I am for Zetterberg (or any Wings player) getting clobbered... I must agree (though not sure there was intent to injure, beyond a black eye). It was pretty pathetic that Weber only got a $2,500 fine.
sheese
Hall Of Famer

Return to NHL Hockey Talk