Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Bruins win Stanley Cup

Discuss opposing teams and players here. Also keep up to date with the latest NHL business news and NHLPA info!

Bruins win Stanley Cup

Postby Drury_Sakic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm

With 10 min to go in the third, up by 3, I am willing to call it that the B's have won the Stanley Cup!

And all I can say is THANK GOD! I don't know if I could have taken it if the Nucks won the cup.
Found: Legit NHL 2-Way Defenseman
Drury_Sakic

Re: Bruins win Stanley Cup

Postby Drury_Sakic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 pm

And there is Cohen out there with the cup, lol.
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:24 pm

All I can say is what I said from week 1 of the season...Tim Freaking Thomas! Stanley Cup Winner...Conn Smythe Winner...99.999% sure he's the Vezina Winner...and stalwart in the nets for team Flava Fraz for one more season.

Congrats Boston! Way to stick it to the Nucks when it mattered most.
clanfrazier

Postby CAF1837 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:44 am

Colby Cohen and Johnny Boychuk get to hoist the cup.
Funny how we complain about our feeble blueline while two of our former-prospects win championships.

Granted Cohen played no role in the win, but I admit, Boychuk is a KEY piece of the Bruin blueline, which is deep enough as it is.

In other notes, 10 years ago, the Avs won their seventh game of the Stanley Cup Finals....While i'm happy to see the Canucks lose today, nothing will beat the feeling of 2001.
CAF1837
Site Admin

Postby AFFPR » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:01 am

great win for Boston. I am glad the Canucks did not win:

1) Because I hate their diving and bad sportsmanship ways.
2) Avs rival.
3) Gives me more trash talk material against Rampage and his beloved Sedin Choke Sisters. buahahahahaha

best team won, hands down.
AFFPR

Postby clanfrazier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:46 pm

CAF1837 wrote:Funny how we complain about our feeble blueline while two of our former-prospects win championships.

In other notes, 10 years ago, the Avs won their seventh game of the Stanley Cup Finals....While i'm happy to see the Canucks lose today, nothing will beat the feeling of 2001.

And don't forget Keith Ballard on the Canucks...3 of our former prospects, out of 12-13 suited up for both teams, played for the cup. A good 25% of the Stanley Cup D players were, at one point, ours... :evil:

And CAF - you are 100% correct on 2001...nothing yet can replace Game 7 vs. NJ.
clanfrazier

Postby CAF1837 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:11 pm

clanfrazier wrote:
CAF1837 wrote:Funny how we complain about our feeble blueline while two of our former-prospects win championships.

And don't forget Keith Ballard on the Canucks...3 of our former prospects, out of 12-13 suited up for both teams, played for the cup. A good 25% of the Stanley Cup D players were, at one point, ours... :evil:

And CAF - you are 100% correct on 2001...nothing yet can replace Game 7 vs. NJ.

Also Victor Oreskovich (I know, not a d-man) - but our former 2nd rounder nonetheless.
CAF1837
Site Admin

Postby Drury_Sakic » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh common, I can't believe you guys actually think those guys are anything other than depth players on their respective teams.... Even Boychuk, who probably is the best of them, is nothing more than a 3-4 D man. Give it a few years, and we will be remembering him with the likes of the epic Mike Commadore...

If Tampa had pulled it off, Brett Clark would have been a 31 point puck moving D man that won a cup. Ballard was nothing more than a 6-7 D man for the Nucks this year, and was overpaid by a lot.

If you really want to gripe, Mr. MVP was drafted by non other than the Avs franchise.

Former players are going to win cups... just the nature of the beast.

If this team had Ballard, Boychuk, and Cohen on the blueline, say versus Hunwick, Holos, and Wilson.... that does not change much, if anything, from last seasons results.
Drury_Sakic

Postby clanfrazier » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh, I know DS. Of those 3, only Boychuk made even a slight impact on the series. Just an interesting note, that's all. No, they wouldn't have made that much of a difference if still here, but I'd take any two of them over Hunwick/Wilson in a heartbeat.

And what a 217th overall pick in 1994 (the same draft that got Drury and Hejduk in the 3rd & 4th rounds...we spent our 1st round on Wade Belak, of all people) by Quebec to grab Tim Freaking Thomas...who never would have played in Colorado. At least, not by the time we received the early Christmas present that was Patrick Roy, or for the next 8 years after that. He was signed by Edmonton by 1998 anyway. No griping there.
clanfrazier

Return to NHL Hockey Talk