Avalanche DB
Message Boards
Fantasy Hockey

Message Boards

Avalanche Forecast Post Duchene Trade

Talk Avs hockey here!

Avalanche Forecast Post Duchene Trade

Postby Foppa'sGhost » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 am

After a disatourous 30th place finish in 206-17, the forecast is looking sunny. The front office is no longer divided and Sakic is in control. Jared Bednar has young team off to an exciting start in year two. Team depth and speed are improved. The defense still gives up too many shots, but Varlomov is recovered from surgery and stopping a lot of rubber. The young guns have finally accepted their leadership roles. MacKinnon may be ready to take off. Amateur drafting is improved. The Avs are stockpiling draft picks and young talent and more importantly defense men. Avs show promise on all fronts. The Sakic tenure will no longer by judged by the Roy years but how the youth movement and especially Duchene trade pan out.

1) DEFENSE> The Avs still need help for Johnson. There is some hope in youngsters Sam Girard, Nikita Zadorov, Mark Barberio, Anton Lindholdm, Chris Bigras, and Andrei Mironov. Given the similar size and offensive game of top prospect Cale Makar and Girard, Tyson Barrie's days are numbered. There is also good depth coming in Conor Timmons, Cam Morrison, Nicolas Meloche, Mason Geertsen, Sergei Boikov and Ben Storm. The Avs still need a proven young stud to anchor the second pair.

2) FORWARDS> Avs are going with an excellant core of MacKinnon, Landeskog, Jost and Rantanen. Compher, Kerfoot and Andrighetto were good pick ups. Yakupov is a cheap gamble. Prospects AJ Greer, Shane Bowers and Vlad Kamanev will get a chance. Avs signed Ty Lewis and Dominic Tominato. Comeau and Soderberg are playing better. Avs could still use forward depth and some size and growl in front of the net.

3). GOALTENDING> Varlomov appears healthy and is shouldering the load. Jonathon Bernier is a solid backup. Andrew Hammond was a salary dump but provides depth. Avs need to develop their next goalie.
"I can't really hear what Jeremy says, because I got my 2 Stanley Cup rings plugging my ear..."
Foppa'sGhost
2nd-Liner

Re: Avalanche Forecast Post Duchene Trade

Postby Domyos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:59 am

The only thing left to do, is to get rid of Bednar, and finally hire a competent coach.
Domyos
Hall Of Famer

Return to Avalanche Hockey Talk